Saturday, May 5, 2012

Quick review of HRA California Common...

So I'm 2/3 of the way through the first keg of the California Common posted here. And I figured I would update on how it came out... something I rarely do. This may be the best "to style" beer I have made... Crystal clear, I attribute to doing my first protein rest which I will be utilizing more in the future due to these results. Hop profile is great, though this is only a single hop beer, I think the use of first wort hops discussed here, gives a nice profile of everything the Northern Brewer hops have to offer... even though this fermented all the way down to 1.009, there is surprising body and balance to the hops, maybe this has to do with the protein rest as well? Head retention is good with some nice lacing... overall a very drinkable beer that profiles the hops nicely while not overpowering those not into IPA's... at least judging from the how much my brother-in-law enjoys it (and he dislikes IPA's)...

The second keg is naturally carbonated and is destined for my best friend's bachelor party... which is kind of a bummer because I selfishly want to keep it all for myself, but it will be nice to see how the "public" reacts to it...

Also, side note... Black Fri.P.A. is finally kicked... thank god. That underwhelming beer has been taking up valuable real estate in my kegerator for like 4 months... now I can keg and carb the India Pilsner Ale (also for bachelor party) and cold crash the second keg of California Common.

That's it for now... sorry no pics... my droid's camera has been acting funny lately... Later.

1 comment:

  1. Bloomsoft is a company in PAKISTAN.The company was founded in early 1999.Bloomsoft software and web design solutions is a profitably growing international software and web design company that develops leading-edge software to automate the processes of small and medium-sized organizations.

    ReplyDelete